Hello world!

 


Hello world! Let me introduce myself to you. I am an average joe living in beautiful Singapore. I earn a comfortable income, enough to own a house (not GCB), a korean car and support a family of four (dine mostly at foodcourts). Like many other Singaporeans, I went through the standard local education system pathway, primary school to University. In the 90s, ensuring that one's children made it to University was of paramount importance to parents. I would say that my parents also actively shared this belief that only a university education could provide my siblings and I a comfortable life in adulthood. There is great truth underpinning this belief. In 2023, the median income of university graduates still surpass that of non-graduates. If income level is directly correlated with comfort level of one's life, then indeed, a university education remains a very important milestone for the youth of today. Look around you, in your family, the local coffeeshop, the cafe, your workplace etc, how many of these people are university graduates, the supposed victors that emerged from each examination? Yet, are they all happy people? Are you happy with the life that you are leading or feeling that something is still missing? Whether you are earning $5000 a month or $15000 a month, we all are in a rat race, a race to somewhere that not everyone knows the destination. Is it to financial freedom at 55, or a world tour at 60? Well, who knows what happens tomorrow, less 20 years later? The only thing I know is that I want to get out of this rat race, to lead a life that I love, a meaningful one that leaves me no regrets on my death bed. And that's what I wish for all of you readers too! Join me in making this ideals come true! It is difficult in an expensive country like Singapore but not undoable. Follow my blog regularly and we embark on this journey together to work less and live more!

Comments